Because of CBD’s often cloudy status as a medicinal ally, consumers should remain cautious when using CBD products. Smart, moderated usage can avert and minimize undesirable side effects.
Here are some tips on how to use CBD products safely, and with the greatest possible efficacy:
Safety Guidelines for General CBD Usage
- Start with a low dose, and increase gradually. It’s always advisable to begin with a low dose of CBD and increase gradually, if needed, to avoid side effects. A good starting dose is 10-20mg of CBD per day.
- Pay attention to how you feel after taking CBD. Everyone reacts to CBD differently, so it is important to take note of how you feel after taking it. If you experience any negative side effects, like dry mouth, diarrhea, or fatigue, reduce your dose or stop taking CBD altogether.
- Be aware of potential interactions with other medications. CBD can interact with certain medications, like blood thinners and antidepressants. If you are taking any medications, it is important to talk to your doctor before using CBD and discuss these potential drug interactions.
- Buy CBD products from reputable companies. It is important to buy CBD products from companies that use high-quality ingredients. CBD sellers should provide third-party testing results to ensure their products contain the amount of CBD advertised.
Product-Specific Guidelines for CBD Usage
CBD products have become increasingly available in a variety of forms, including oils, capsules, gummies, and topicals. When choosing the ideal CBD product for you, it is important to consider your individual needs and preferences.
Also ensure you’re following the specific dosing instructions included on your purchased CBD product. These directions for use can fluctuate depending on the manufacturer, the product, and the potency of the CBD.
Here are more tips for using various CBD products:
- CBD oils: CBD oils can be taken orally or sublingually (under the tongue). To take CBD oil orally, simply add a few drops to your food or drink. To take CBD oil sublingually, place a few drops under your tongue and hold for 30-60 seconds before swallowing.
- CBD capsules: CBD capsules can be taken like any other capsule. Simply swallow the capsule with water.
- CBD gummies: CBD gummies are a convenient and tasty way to take CBD. Simply chew and swallow the gummy.
- CBD topicals: CBD topicals can be applied directly to the skin. Rub the CBD topical into the affected area until it is fully absorbed.
Despite its uptick in popularity and predominately safe nature, keep in mind that CBD remains an experimental substance. Treat it like you would any other prescription—with care and consideration. This includes consulting your doctor if and when you start using CBD products.
But, when used prudently, CBD also has the potential to help with a myriad of common health problems, like anxiety, pain, and sleeplessness. Users report that it can routinely make an positive impact on its users’ daily lives.
If you and your doctor think CBD could be a good fit, don’t be afraid to give it a try—especially within the parameters recommended above.
You may just become a CBD convert. If not, at least you tried; in the safest way possible.
From Shell Shock CBD:
FDA Disclaimer: These products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
The efficacy of these products has not had FDA-approved research and are not intended to diagnosis, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
All information presented is not a substitute for or alternative to healthcare practitioners. Keep out of reach of children | Cannabidiol use while pregnant or breastfeeding may be harmful.
Our products are third-party tested and made in the U.S. and adhere to our high standards of quality control.
By purchasing our products, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age